Saturday, October 12, 2002

Oh. my. god.

i just registered for the LSDAS (Law School Data Assembly Service). I knew beforehand that it's a ripoff, but it didn't really hit me until i actually plunked down the cash.

now let me get this straight:

$99 for putting my name on a file folder.
$10 each time I want them to open the folder and mail out a transcript ($12 each time if i don't prepay--i paid for 8 in advance, that's $80 for them to mail shit!).
$63 for the CD containing all the law school applications. the CD is coded to my name so it cannot be copied, and if i choose not to get the CD, i have to write to each school separately for their applications and fill out the ones that don't have electronic apps. in other words, it's infinitely easier to jut pay $63.

my question is--how the FUCK do these people sleep at night knowing they're squeezing the last pennies out of poor students? on their space-foam Duxiana beds with goose-down comforters lined in $100 bills, i reckon.

damn, i'm in the wrong business.

No comments: