Saturday, November 16, 2002

i've been so busy lately i barely have time to breathe, much less write, so i have decided to use my saturday night to mull over law school applications and try to put some thoughts together for my personal statement. i should have done this a long time ago, but considering that i now have 13 days to fill up the blank paper that is my essay so far, and fill out all of my (blank) applications, and get my transcript from Fullerton College sent over to the LSDAS, and make sure all of my letters of reccomendation are in, it looks as if next weekend will also be spent at home.

the new job is very hectic, but i am now so much more clear about what it is a lawyer actually does all day. my co-workers are just about some of the most stressed-out people i've ever seen in my life. also, they speak legalese, which is a completely foreign language to me. they run around throwing phrases like "motion in limine for collateral estoppel" at me... and i have not an inkling of what they mean. do they want me to stopper their collateral with a modified lime? if i survive it, i'll learn a lot from this job.

I bought FIVE pairs of shoes today for a little under $70.00! I have a pair of red euro-style tennis shoes that look like bowling shoes, three dressy strappy shoes, and a pair of black boots. I am so proud of myself.

for some reason, all of my old shoes decided to fall apart in unison. could it be possible that i wear them all out at exactly the same rate?

No comments: