Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Monday 5/24/04

Yesterday I went to the fabric market to have suits made. I was like kid in a candy store…except the candy was bolts and bolts of fabric in every color and texture and pattern imaginable! I ended up having a white suit made, and a black wool-cashmere-silk blend suit. For US $50 each. And two silk dress shirts, one of them shantung silk. For less than US $10 each. Am resisting all urges to go and blow my entire financial aid package at the fabric market.

Liana, Jen (her roomie) and I slurped down delicious street food and then, exhausted from a hard morning of serious shopping, laid on the couch for a few hours before going to a BBQ at her friend’s apartment.

I like waking up at 7am every morning feeling like I slept all day. I’m meeting a friend for lunch today and possibly going to see if I can get some cheap eyeglasses made.

No comments: