Sunday, March 10, 2002

I ate at a cafe called Jabberwocky for lunch. It had a Koi pond in the back patio area, the unnervingly giant Koi circling slowly in the murky green water. The man at the next table terrified me by ordering a huge pile of cottage cheese and sprinkling pepper all over it. He finished his sandwich at an alarming pace and set about shoveling huge gobs of peppered cottage cheese down his throat. I almost screamed. Instead, I ordered a meatloaf sandwich with broasted potatoes. Great food, but excruciatingly slow service. Clear christmas lights are strung all around the two giant trees whose branches shade the entire patio, and whose foliage the Koi fishes seem to like eating. Tiki torches line the pond. This place must look gorgeous at night.



Yesterday, I went paintballing and was completely demolished by a fearless 8-year old boy. True, I was hiding in a bush like a coward and couldn't hear him creeping up, but dammit, those paintballs hurt!

No comments: