Thursday, March 14, 2002

so i went to jabberwocky again today to see what it looked like at night, but it was windy and cold so we couldn't sit outside. it IS beautiful at night, but you can't see the koi. our waitress told me that people keep stealing the fish. i described the one that sherry liked (it was big and had a long swishy tail) and the waitress informed me that that particular fish was named edgar allen poe (edgar for short).

i'm finally sitting down tonight to organize and compile my europe pictures in an album. pretty soon, i'll be reminiscing about paris, amsterdam, prague, venice, vienna, rome, florence, riomaggiore, and barcelona, with a dreamy, far-off look in my eyes, completely unable to deal with the fact that i'm now back in fullerton.

sometimes i think about just picking up and leaving, charging an unholy amount on my credit card going around the world, and coming back and declaring bankruptcy. hell, i'm only 21, and i'll only be 28 when my credit clears up again. but then the practical voice inside me whispers, all too loudly, that i have to...

applytolawschoolandgetmyjdmbaandagoodjobandaniceapartmentandastripeycatandmakesomethingofmylife.

sometimes it seems like my goals hamper my life to an almost unbearable degree.

or is it the other way around?

No comments: