Sunday, April 28, 2002

Cassis in the south of France

4/4/02 Journal Entry, Marseilles, France

I went to Cassis today-a beautiful small beach town on the French Riveira where the water was as clear as a swimming pool.... I ate a kebab and drank red wine on the beach. We tried to hike up to the chateau but got (kind of) lost....or stoned... and ended up in a cafe drinking capuccino waiting for the storm to subside..

Jonathan and I just took a bunch of hilarious pictures of Julie while she was sleeping....

The europeans have these wonderous things called Kinder-Surprises... they're chocolate eggs with a capsule inside that contains a small toy. I seem to have rather bad luck with the toys, I always get the French guy. Sometimes, (Julie's friend told me) you get the strangest things in a Kinder Suprise. With all the small parts in theese toys, I don't think they'll ever become popular with Americans...or at least the impending lawsuits will drie everyone away.

So i went to this restaurant called Coquillages Toineau tonight and ate an obscene amount of seafood (and drank some great Cotes du Rhone) and smoked , so I'm pretty gone right now.

Keukenhof, Holland


Journal entry March 30th, 2002--Amsterdam

FINALLY, i got a pen! I arrived in paris on the 28th, after a long-ass delay...went to the Luxembourg gardens and around the Ile de la Cite. I found the cover picture for Adam Gopnik's Paris to the Moon!
I've had a...mind-bogglingly good stay here since i arrived yesterday. hehe. Everything's pretty much the same as i remember it, except for my green patch at the lake in Vondelpark. I barfed all over my backpack today because i ate too many Philosopher Stones.

I went to Keukenhof yesterday to sniff the tulips...the miles of tulips...and got lost trying to find the maze (!) Dutch food still sucks. I'm supposed to meet Sherry at 3 tomorrow at Gare de Lyon.


Six million tulips and a trippy lake...and substances...*sigh*


No comments: