Monday, December 08, 2003

*a dream deferred*

I can’t find the words to describe our friendship, but I think it is the color of a bright purple sky, who-knows-how-many- sunsets over the ocean
I think it would sound like hundreds of late night conversations, the distant roars of cars on a freeway just close enough to see in the distance, to remind you of civilization, but far enough for you to hear the invisible croaking of frogs in the grass,
I think it would taste like constant comment tea laced with an acid-infused sugar cube,
It would feel like eight years of laughter, warm summer nights, cold winter ones, the best and worst trip you ever had.

So, even though we won’t talk for awhile, I’m sure this isn’t the end of our friendship. Find it in yourself to get the hell over this, and call me when you do.

No comments: