Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Armadillos and Georgia O'Keefe...or not

So eight of us packed out carryon bags and headed off to Arizona this weekend to visit Josh, and because it was only $29 each way to fly. I also went in search of Georgia O'Keefe's home, and an armadillo to kick, to see if they really curl up into a ball. When I arrived, I learned that Georgia O'Keefe lived in New Mexico and Armadillos live in Texas. doh.

We went to Sedona on Saturday. I've never really cared for desert scenery until now...it is truly beautiful over there. Huge looming sedimentary red rock formations and cacti reminded me of the Roadrunner and Wil E. Coyote cartoons. We took a Jeep tour along the rock formations, and cimbed our way up huge bumps, whilst clinging to the sides of the truck for dear life. Then we went to soome touristy restaurant and bought prickly pear margaritas which tasted like shit, and cactus fries which were delicious.

On Sunday, we had nothing to do and Chester had the brilliant idea of checking to see whether a basketball game was going on in Phoenix. We found that lo and behold, the Lakers were in Phoenix that day, and we got tickets for $30!!!!! Not bad seats for $30 either. This almost makes up for Chester's other brilliant idea of the night before, when he decided it would be a good idea to rub a cactus pad (yes, a live prickly i-have-spines-do-not-touch-me cactus pad) on his bare cheek.

I ate a lot this weekend and can no longer fit into 60% of my clothes. I also think it's that time of month that I have extremely intense cravings for chocolate everything, so I expect to be in a muumuu by next weekend.

Also, I dreamt Saturday night that Tim was cheating on me with a girlie pop-star who had hired him as a topless Michael-Jackson impersonating stage dancer. Crotch grabbing, hip swaying and all. And very very tight black pants. I guess if this really happened I wouldn't be as upset as I'd be rolling on the floor laughing.

No comments: