Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Rain

It’s raining!! It hasn’t rained in San Diego in 182 days. Hmm whoever saved something for a rainy day sure had a long time to wait.

It’s strange, when I was in Hong Kong this summer I didn’t find it odd that it rained (well that might be because HK in the summer is the land of endless mucky rain), but when the drops started falling here I was shocked. Everyone was like “What? Rain? How could rain happen to us?” What spoiled brats we all are who live in southern California…it’s been nonstop sun for half a year.

Despite the dampness, after so much great weather I kind of miss having an excuse not to go outside and frolic on the beach (because I never go, and thus always feel guilty). I love the crisp smell in the air, and the free car wash. And rainy days are great for staying in and eating lots and lots of congee, and drinking hot cocoa. Mmmmmm….

No comments: