Saturday, June 19, 2004

Blog is fixed!

Thank you Z, I am forever indebted.

Today I went to eat sliced goose rice with goose gizzard at the hole-in-the-wall across the street. The family who run the hitw (abbreviation for hole in the wall) was sitting down to dinner when I arrived. I apologized for interrutping them and the lady said "oh no problem, you have to eat dinner just as much as we do!" I ordered and requested that they include some vegetables in the box. She said, "We've already sold all the vegetables today, but...do you like squash?" I said yes, and she gave me some squash from the plate they were sharing at the dinner table! I felt so included, like they were inviting me to eat with them. Sigh.

Oh and btw the entire conversation was in Cantonese. I'm so proud of myself.

More food updates and pics to come on Monday!

No comments: