Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Thailand!

I'm going to Thailand next week! I will be spending 5 days and 4 nights in a beachfront resort--a friend has been to that hotel before, says it's absolutely beautiful (5-star) and I get fresh mangoes and pineapples for breakfast every morning and will spend the entire time leisurely sipping drinks on the beach, the kind with tiny umbrellas in them, and roasting myself in the tropical sun.

I am returning to Hong Kong on July 1st, the date of a huge pro-democracy march. I predict it will be chaos, since last year a half-million people took to the streets.



Defrauded by the fortune-teller

I guess you can't exactly call it defrauding, since fortune-telling is recreational and he DID poke around my palm and make predictions. But a friend of mine went to him the other day and I was there so I sat in to observe her session. And you know what he told her? EXACTLY what he told me! The only thing different was that she was to have 3 children, and I, 2! He didn't even recognize me enough to change his story. Hrumph.





No comments: