Sunday, May 15, 2005

summer reading

I was soooo excited when my books arrived today! Having unread literature around reminds me that somewhere under all the layers of memorized analytical methods and lawlawlaw, lurks a ravenous bibliophile.

Here are the books I am bringing with me to Hong Kong:

The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene
Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez
Number 9 Dream by David Mitchell
Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Southeast Asia: The Graphic Guide by Mark Elliott
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock
The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon


But I want more...

I feel really, really guilty for not buying the following books to read this summer, but I can't lug around any more books with me lest I be mistaken for a traveling librarian:

I am deeply embarrased at not having read these yet...

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Essential Neruda: Selected Poems by Pablo Neruda

Edit:
Shit. The longer I sit and stare at these lists, the more books make it up from the bottom list to the top list, and the richer Amazon.com gets. How am I even going to be able to fit all this in my suitcase?

1 comment:

PauLee said...

I have Slaughterhouse Five somewhere around here.. let me know if you want to borrow it.