Sunday, May 22, 2005

sunday afternoon

The weather is perfect.

Yesterday I met up with two friends, went to Coronado, ate a $25 Reuben sandwich (!!!!!!!) at the Hotel Del, and wandered onto the beach eating ice cream. Then we went to Mister A's in downtown to have a martini and watch the sunset. The view from there was phenomenal--you could see all of downtown, the ocean, the bay, mountains, and the planes landing at the airport.

Today, I woke up early (before 11am on a Sunday is early for me), swam some laps at my school's really nice pool, laid out, got a tan.

Came home and made myself: Broiled halibut filet with lime, garlic, and butter; accompanied with roasted hot peppers and a steamed artichoke. I also made myself a huge salad of Romaine, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and cilantro-lime-pepper-ranch dressing.

Right now I am watching Robin Hood: Prince of thieves on TV, sipping OJ and eating the rest of the artichoke. Almost to the heart...mmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

SooHK said...

nice way to spend a sunday

Anonymous said...

so how was the reuben sandwich? i've never had a 25 dollar sandwich. you sure this wasn't in tokyo?!

K said...

the reuben was very good, but not any better than a $7 sandwich. Totally paying for the view. I'd never had a $25 sandwich until then either. Actually, it was $18 but after tax, tip, and a few dollars to split and iced tea, it was $25. Sadly it was one of the lower-priced things on the menu--I could get that or a $16 hamburger. As fate would have it, a few days later I drove by Arby's where their new featured sandwich was--guess what? The Reuben! :(