Tuesday, June 04, 2002

an exercise in iambs (and misplaced trochees):

lay it out:
some questions:
Why do i smile when i fell torn apart by antithetical beliefs that claw and scrape at the small strings that bind my heart and leave it tender, scarred, and raw? Would I be able to live with myself knowing that i sacrificed my pride, morals, individuality--for wealth (for after all, it'd be my heart that lied)? And, above all, do the questions i ask make any difference as to whether i will ever finish the impossible task of being somebody before i die? Another suitcase in another hall--do i progress only to fall?

break it down:

some questions:

Why do i smile when i fell torn apart
by antithetical beliefs that claw
and scrape at the small strings that bind my heart
and leave it tender, scarred, and raw?
Would I be able to live with myself
knowing that i sacrificed my pride,
morals, individuality--for wealth
(for after all, it'd be my heart that lied)?
And, above all, do the questions i ask
make any difference as to whether i
will ever finish the impossible task
of being somebody before i die?

Another suitcase in another hall
--
do i progress only to fall?

I seem to not be able to get past the second line of the third couplet, although the next line is trochaic also.. but still....*sigh*



No comments: