Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My day so far....

Awoke feeling more tired than usual, as I was up until 3am finishing How To Be Good. Jean made me a dulce de leche capuccino, and that woke me up, though 30 minutes later my class discussion threatened to put me right back to sleep.

Met the landlord after my first class to sinisterly discuss our plan to evict my even-more-evil neighbor. Felt brief pang of guilt, which quickly disappeared when I reminded myself that 1) she is really a rather nasty, mean woman 2) on an objective basis, she really does deserve to be evicted and 3) I'm one day going to be a lawyer so I might as well get used to being vindictive.

Went to second class, narrowly avoided falling asleep.

Got back from class, ate a mixed baby greens and herb salad from Trader Joe's, augmented by my dad's heavenly, vine-ripe organic tomatoes (he picked them for me when I went home this weekend to visit and raid the pantry) and creamy basil dressing.

Gave myself a footbath and pedicure, while reading Truman Capote's In Cold Blood. Soy-vitamin foot soak, sparkly red polish.

Put together some lemony garlic herb-roasted potatoes, which are at this moment filling the pad with a delicious aroma. The girls are set to arrive in one hour for face-masks, junk food and Sex & The City night.

Hasta Luego...

No comments: