Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Of a loss

I was on the internet during Corporations class today, and was deeply saddened to find that two of my favorite blogs have been discontinued: belle de jour and pete's post.

Belle has a new book coming out and I’m going to pre-order it on Amazon because I love her writing so much. I stumbled upon her blog over a year ago, and over that time I’ve grown very fond of her. Always eloquent and witty, her intelligent posts really caused me to open my mind.

Pete’s post was a Canadian man’s frequently-updated chronicle of the end of his marriage and the beginning of a new relationship. It was so amazing to “watch” Pete fall in love. The saddest part about him not posting anymore is that all of his previous posts were deleted…what a shame.

I’m sure I’ll find myself wondering many times after today how they’re doing, and what they’d be writing had they not stopped.

I’m going to miss reading them very much.

No comments: