Sunday, March 13, 2005

fidget

i was told on two separate occasions today that i'm fidgety. i agree.

i'm always jiggling my leg around, capping and twirling my pens, moving around in my chair, etc. etc.

this may hurt me when i'm doing oral arguments in vienna, as i am not conscious of most of my fidgeting. i'll have to make a mental note to stay still, or the arbitrators might interpret my shakiness as nervousness and fear.

BUT, there is a silver lining to this cloud: a recent Mayo Clinic study determined that fidgeters burn an average of 350 more calories a day than non-fidgeters. this is the equivalent of running for 50 minutes. i have thus decided i can continue my lifelong practice of eschewing exercise in favor of shaking my leg and twirling my pen without significant adverse effects on my weight.

also, one slice of sara lee poundcake has 337 calories. :)

No comments: