Tuesday, April 19, 2005

on on on on on

that's how i've been feeling lately. like i'm always on.

on stage, on edge, whatever you call it.

it's just the stress, i know, but it really takes a toll. i have insomnia again, and at night i lay awake in bed thinking of the list of things i need to do the next day, even though i had just written them all down to keep myself from having to think about them.

hopefully after tomorrow's presentation everything will return to some semblance of normalcy.

one really, really bad thing about my going to hong kong for the summer is that i will be missing some of the most important days in the lives of my friends and family. i'm going to miss my sister's high school graduation and i feel horrible about it. i'm also going to miss a good friend's wedding. all this missing important milestones in loved one's lives has really caused me to think hard about pursuing a career in international law. glamorous, yes, but i am not sure i am ready to exchange the milestones that i will inevitably miss out on, for a career that i love.

i'm working on a fraud case where i have absolutely no idea how to help my client even though i know she is clearly right--there's just not enough evidence for her case, and she has some credibility issues that make it very unlikely she will win. makes me feel kind of helpless.

No comments: