Sunday, August 25, 2002

last night i went to my "Happy Spot," which i remembered to be a remote and beautiful tiny little beach in Laguna....and realized, to my charign, thst many other people have discovered this place since i last came here! They got rid of the favorite rock i used to sit on and put a bathroom there!!!! ugh. and there was a group of about 15-20 loud screaming drunk people.

I was so shocked, and sad. whatever though, it was still beautiful. The moon was almost full and the waves were just crashing down with a giant roar that drowned out all of the noise, both outside and inside of me.

i bring all my good friends here at one point or another, and this little beach holds for me so many memories of good conversations, sunsets, and dark beautiful nights. I always imagine that, sitting on the sand, if i just squint hard enough i can see the specters of my past.... me sitting on my rock (now a concrete bathroom) and singing to the moon.....climbing over the rocks to another inlet where sometimes a few sea-lions play....pondering the erosion of time on the human life over a bottle of champagne....and things don't seem so bad anymore, because i remember how fortunate i am to have friends who will listen to the waves and exchange hopes, fears, and dreams with me all night long.

No comments: