Tuesday, August 13, 2002

lifted this from Stella's blog....very intriguing:


Who am I?
Who the fuck am I?
Who are you?
Do you know who you are?
Alls I know is there is a revolution.
THERE IS A REVOLUTION.
And I am the revolution.
I am the revolution that resists bullshit.
The bullshit that gets spit into my face
The horse dung that gets smeared onto my face
What am I talking about?
I’m talking about who I am.
I’m human first of all.
Second of all, I’m Asian American.
What is Asian American?
Asian American is being human.
What is being Caucasian, African, Hispanic, European, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Asian?
Isn’t it about being human?
Then why are people so mother lovin INHUMANE?
Why the fuck do brothers and sisters of the world go out and mortally and mentally wound each other?
Why is it that when I want to show everyone love I am labeled a “wanna-be”?
Why the fuck do I get asked the same mother fucking mundane questions?
Why is it that I am generalized, categorized, stereotyped, and did I already mention GENERALIZED?
Why is it that most Caucasian, African, Hispanic, European, Indian, and Middle Eeastern person I meet that lives here in America are automatically accepted as an “American”, yet Asians are not?
“Asians are Asians. Asians are taking over America! Go back to where you came from!”
Oh, you mean East L.A. fool?
Why is it that everywhere I go I am referred to as the “Chinese girl”?
Not that being Chinese is bad. No, not at all, but I’m NOT Chinese.
My blood is of Korean descent. Perhaps I have some Chinese blood in me.
But that isn’t the issue.
What the issue really is is that there is a revolution.
And I AM THE REVOLUTION.
I AM THE FUCKING REVOLUTION!
Why is it that woman of my descent mutilate themselves to be socially acceptable?
They go under the knife to enlarge their eyes, when in fact their eyes are not open.
THEIR EYES ARE NOT OPEN.
They go under the knife to slim their calves,
To sever a chunk of muscles to slim their calves
Aren’t their legs their most commonly used way of transportation?
Is it a surprise that they cannot walk after this mutilation?
Why are these girls surprised?
“A woman’s past can be forgiven, but her ugliness cannot.” They say.
“It is a natural instinctive quality for women to beautify themselves.” THEY SAY.
That’s pure bloody poppycock.
What defines ugly?
Who defined ugly?
Take me to him or her.
I will beat them to a bloody pulp and drink them like my fucking orange juice.
If there are such standards in society then I don’t want to be a part of society.
I said, IF THERE ARE SUCH STANDARDS IN SOCIETY THEN I DON’T WANT TO BE A PART OF IT!
There is a revolution.
This revolution may save society, may anger society.
This revolution may open the eyes of people who thought their eyes were too small.
This revolution may open the eyes of people who sliced their eyes too big.
This revolution may open the eyes of people who judge each other and themselves.
This revolution may open the eyes of people who cannot forgive.
This revolution may open the eyes of people who cannot show compassion or mercy.
This revolution may open the eyes of people.
It may. It may not. It may shut the eyes of those people.
If that’s what it takes to get the word out, then so be it.
If that’s what it takes to spread TRUTH, then so be it.
Because there IS a revolution.
I AM THE REVOLUTION.

No comments: