Wednesday, February 09, 2005

my sweatsuit

i bought this velour sweatsuit a month ago, and i wore it without washing it, and realized that it smelled gross, like dryer rot. i thought it might be due to some packing material or plastic it was stored in at the shop, or the fact that i had not washed it before wearing, so i washed it. twice. it still smells funny. you can't tell unless you bury your nose deep into a gathered bunch of it and inhale deeply, but it still grosses me out because i'm a real stickler about my clothes smelling stale or improperly dried. i don't really know how i got to be this way.

so as i sit here, taking periodic deep inhalations of my bunched up velour sweatsuit, i am filled with deep consternation at what can only be shoddy manufacturing.

no wonder it was on sale.

2 comments:

K said...

eeeeeeew, MOLD?! I'm suing Charlotte Russe for selling me moldy clothes. gross.

Anonymous said...

maybe it's YOU that smells?

-phuong