Wednesday, June 15, 2005

you know you drank too much last weekend when...

You find yourself in the position of having to send the following email:

Hi,

Okay, here's the deal. I was very, very inebriated Saturday night, and I have absolutely no recollection of meeting you, or talking to you, or giving you my email address. Consequently, you seem a complete stranger to me (even though I realize I may have actually had a conversation with you that I am now no longer able to recall). The realization that you weren't a friend of a friend, or even a friend of an acquaintance, surprised me because I was faced with the fact that had I not been out with a group of very kind and responsible people, horrible things could have happened to me and I would have been too drunk to even notice. I'm not saying you're horrible or anything--I just was kind of freaked out to realize how drunk I was. In any event, I have a boyfriend. He's not the jealous type, but since I don't remember you, meeting up with you would be like going on a blind date. I hope you understand. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and wish you the best in all your endeavors, romantically and otherwise. Have a great week!

Sincerely,
K

No comments: